Houses the Laboratory for Materials Testing and Structures (LPMS).
The new project for reorganising the university sites which took place in the years 1935 to 1937, included the adaptation for these new functions of the Camaldolese Monastery Degli Angeli, originally built in 1295. The project also envisaged using the premises of Santa Maria Nuova once the hospital was moved to Careggi. The project designed by Emilio Brizzi, director of the Faculty of Architecture, contemplated the creation of a university citadel which would include the various faculties, the Chancellor's Office, administrative offices, Lecture Hall, accommodation facilities, etc. The project was suspended during the War and definitely abandoned in the post-war years.
In the years 1964-65 the body of the building attached to the eastern side of the main cloister overlooking Piazza Brunelleschi was constructed and destined to the Faculty of Architecture.
In the following decades, with the addition of the faculty premises at Santa Verdiana and Calenzano, the activities at Piazza Brunelleschi were progressively reduced.
At present only the Laboratory for Materials Testing and Structures and some teaching staff study rooms remain.
from “ Le sedi storiche della Facoltà di Architettura” – Giuseppina Carla Romby “La sede di Piazza Brunelleschi”- OCTAVO Franco Cantini Editore 1996