The Specialisation School of Architectural and Landscape Heritage aims to the training of technical operators capable of intervening with the appropriate degree of scientific knowledge on projects and on-site operations concerning the conservation and restoration of buildings of historical or artistic interest, monumental complexes, valuable landscapes and areas in a state of decay.
The programme is organised into two years divided into two semesters each. The courses and laboratory work take place mostly between November and April, for the first semester, and between May and October for the second. Educational activities are carried out mostly on Fridays, except for conferences, seminars, workshops, and in general any complementary activities with a different calendar to be agreed upon by the individual teachers with the students of the specialisation school.
Specific educational aims of the course
The school aims at training specialists with a specific and highly professional profile in the field of the knowledge, conservation, management and valorisation of the architectural and landscape heritage, with a sound theoretical, methodological and scientific background, and with an international approach.
Upon completing the programme the graduate of the specialisation school will have acquired:
Knowledge and the capacity to understand
- knowledge and the capacity to understand the theoretico-scientifical aspects, as well as the methodologies and techniques pertaining to the fields of restoration and conservation of the architectural and landscape heritage;
- knowledge and the capacity to understand the historico-critical aspects regarding architectural heritage, with the purpose of studying, cataloguing and carrying out research, including that of an analytic nature;
- knowledge and the capacity to understand the legal, administrative and economic aspects necessary for the conservation of the architectural and landscape heritage.
- applicative capacity in planning and managing architectural heritage conservation projects in their technical, organisational and procedural aspects;
- applicative capacity in safeguarding the environment and the landscape, including the use of procedures for environmental impact assessment;
- applicative capacity in museography and the organisation and management of natural sites, or of those including architectural or archeological sites of interest;
- applicative capacity regarding the use of computer technology and telecommunications specific to the field of study.
- The graduates of the specialisation school will be able to operate with a high degree of responsibility;
- at the appropriate technical and administrative levels of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities;
- in other public entities (such as Regions, Provinces, Cities) concerned with the safeguarding, conservation, restoration, administration, valorisation, cataloguing and risk assessment of the architectural and landscape heritage;
- in international organisations operating in the field of architectural and landscape heritage;
- in public or private entities with organisational, cultural, publishing or research aims and functions in the field of architectural and landscape heritage;
- in private entities, such as companies and specialised professional or technical studios which operate in the field of architectural and landscape heritage;
- in the provision of highly qualified services concerning historical analysis, critical knowledge, cataloguing and diagnostic techniques regarding architectural and landscape heritage;
- in the management and maintenance of architectural complexes of historical value, as well as of relevant sites and landscapes;
- in the management, conservation, restoration, safeguarding, recovery, rehabilitation and valorisation of the architectural and landscape heritage, in a broad sense, both in Italy and abroad, and including the activities of international organisations.