The Design Modelling Laboratory undertakes both scientific and educational activities and offers the possibility to acquire the necessary skills for creating 3D models for verifying the volume and proportions of objects, analysing their insertion in real space, and thus providing support to the presentation of the project, as well as assisting students, teachers and research personnel in their educational and research activities.
In particular the Laboratory operates with the purpose of:
- introducing the most common and requested methodologies and providing the opportunities for experimentation in order to obtain quality formal results useful for understanding the object from a 3D perspective;
- acquiring technical and operative experience concerning the relationship between the execution and the expressive aims of the design;
- increasing the capacity of assessment and control of the form through the realisation of the projected isometry
The Laboratory undertakes its activities in collaboration with the laboratories ascribed to the Industrial Design section and in agreement with the Società Consortile ProMoDesign for the Rapid Prototyping and development of products, permitting the development of joint research projects and the production of 3D products that derive from research activities.
The Design Modelling Laboratory offers:
- services in support to teaching, both for the first and second, as well as the third cycles (PhD, Master, Advanced Training and Continuing Education), and in particular the manual application of simple modelling techniques and the use of technological support for reproducing objects three-dimensonally through 3D digital modelling and with the use of automated additive technologies;
- services in support of research and services for third parties, and in particular prototypes created for aesthetic, conceptual, functional and technical testing, as well as the construction of prototype elements for carrying out verification functions concerning the duration of the productive cycle and production costs, both in reference to the objectives predetermined in the design phase
15.00 - 19.00
|Tue - Thu:
9.00 - 19.00
9.00 - 13.00
The Design Modelling Laboratory offers the possibility to acquire the necessary skills for the creation of 3D models for verifying volume and proportions of objects, analysing their insertion in real space, and thus providing support to the presentation of the project.
- Consultancy in the production of models
- 3D printing
- Laser cutting
The Laboratory accepts a maximum of two active trainees at a time.
- Assistance in the Laboratory
- Assistance to students in the design and production of models
- Verification of the project and control of the execution of the 3D model
- Verification of the project and control during the operation of the laser cutter
- Relations with companies and professional studios
- Management and organisation of work spaces
via Sandro Pertini, 93
50041 - Calenzano (FI)
leaf through the online